Florida Training Camp 2016
“HOT to TROT”
Spring Camp 2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
This Spring, start gearing up for your summer racing season at the “Hot to Trot” Running and Fitness Camp with Lisa Smith-Batchen and Grant Maughan in sunny Southern Florida. Lisa and Grant are happy to announce their first Hot to Trot Camp in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
This will be Dreamchasers 17th Running and Fitness camp. We are excited to tell you that several other camps will be put on in different locations in the future.
Race director of the Keys 100 events, Bob Becker, who is a student of Dreamchasers and a 2-times finisher of the Badwater 135 will also attend portions of the camp to impart valuable knowledge about ultra running.
WHO IS THIS CAMP FOR?
Anyone who has a fitness goal and/or a passion to become an endurance athlete by getting in the best shape of their life.
Want to run a 5k, half or full marathon, an ultra-marathon or a stage-race across the Sahara desert, this camp is for you!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
More than you can possibly imagine…
· Gait analysis and “Economy of Form”
· Nutrition, hydration, gear and shoe suggestions.
· How to run in the heat, humidity and even cold weather.
· How to train for a mountain ultra in flatlands Florida.
· Race strategy.
· Secret training tips and exercises to become an endurance machine!
Whether you’re just starting to run or are an experienced ultra runner, you’ll get the guidance and advice to help you achieve your goals. Learn from the hard-earned experience of two of the most accomplished ultra runners in the world in the majestic setting of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
WHAT WE WILL DO:
¨ • Two Daily Training Runs
¨ • Videotaping for gait analysis
¨ • Cross-training sessions
¨ • Classroom-type sessions?with formal Q & A
¨ • Informal discussions with all camp participants (everyone has knowledge to share!) and remember, there are no dumb questions.
¨ • Hydrate and fuel yourself for training, racing, and recovery.
¨ • Train for the heat of desert racing.
¨ • Train for mountain running, including handling altitude and cold.
¨ • Prepare for road, mountain, trail, or stage races.
¨ • Power walk effectively to improve your race results.
¨ • Use cross training techniques such as core strengthening.
¨ • Overcome obstacles through troubleshooting.
¨ • Take care of your body and feet, including clothing and equipment selection.
¨ • Prepare and work with pacers and crew.
¨ • Resistance training.
¨ • Injury prevention.
• Maintain a balance a in your life. (No…it’s not all about the running.)
$300- Includes 2 half days and 2 full days of camp: all coaching, cross training and seminars. Fluids for hydration (bring your own bottle or bladder pack) will be provided during training sessions. (Accommodation and meals not included)
DATES TBA: (Typical Schedule: Check in Thursday 12-2 pm and check out Sunday 12-2 pm)
Sea Beach Plaza Motel (3081 Harbor Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 / Tel: 954-761-1777)
Click Here for Hotel Info
Discounted room rate when you mention “Dreamchaser Camp”. $99 a night for a room with 2 double beds. *We will not be spending much time in the hotel room, you will be very busy! (If you prefer a different lodging choice there are many other hotels in the area with a different cost).
The Sea Beach Plaza Motel is only one block from the beach. It offers an outdoor swimming pool, sun deck and lounge. Guest rooms at the Sea Beach Plaza are equipped with free Wi-Fi and cable TV. Private bathrooms and daily maid services are also included. The Southport Shopping Center and Galleria Mall are within a 5-minute drive of the Sea Beach Plaza motel.
Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is 7 miles away.
¨ Once you commit to the camp you will be provided with a packing list and a detailed camp schedule. If you are only able to attend part of the camp we can happily work out a session rate for you. We usually try to eat lunch and dinner together as a group, but you are welcome to use that time as you wish.
Lisa utilizes her numerous athletic achievements and 30 years of coaching experience to train athletes of all levels and abilities. She is the first and only person who has ever run 50 miles in all 50 states in the USA in 62 days. She was also the first America to win the Marathon des Sables through the Sahara desert and has won the Badwater Ultra marathon 135 miles through Death Valley 2 times. Lisa is the only person to ever run the 306 miles from Las Vegas to the summit of Mt. Whitney and just last July became the first women to run 584 miles through Death Valley (the Badwater Quad) in July.
• Competed in 12 Badwater Ultra marathons (Death Valley to Mt. Whitney, CA): ?Two 1st Place Finishes - 1997 & 1998.
• 2 Marathon des Sables Ultra marathons (Moroccan Sahara): 1999 First American female to win the event in its 18 year history.
• 2008: 1st person to ever run 306 miles from Las Vegas to Mt. Whitney. Raised $590,000 for AIDS Orphans Rising.
• 2006 Completing the Badwater double has been one of the greatest highlights of my athletic carrier but also as wife, mother, coach and mentor.
• 2003 Grand Slam of Ultrarunning Finisher: 1st Female; 7th Overall.?• 5 Hawaiian Ironman Championships: PR: 10:33:27
• World Duathlon Championship
• 3 Eco-Challenge Multi-Sport Adventure Races
• 2 Raid Galoises Multi-Sport Adventure Races
• 2 ESPN X-Games Multi-Sport Adventure Races
• 1 Four Winds Multi-Sport Adventure Race
• 35 Ultramarathons (50 miles or more): Including: Western States 100, Leadville Trail 100, Wasatch 100, Vermont 100, HURT 100K, Rocky Raccoon 100, Squaw Peak 50.
• 100 Mile PR: 18:26 / 50 Mile PR: 6:42
• Over 90 Marathons PR: 2:48:52. Half marathon PR: 1:23. 10k PR: 36:01.
Grant “Dingofish Express” Maughan
In the past few years, Grant has competed in some of the worlds toughest and iconic ultra marathons while utilizing a quality-training regime coupled with active recovery. This has allowed him to compete at a high level in back-to-back running ultras on road, trail & mountain & triathlons around the world. In 2014 he competed in no less than 12 ultras gaining three wins, five 2nds and two course records. This included another 2nd place at the Badwater 135, a 2nd at the Brazil 135, a top 2% at the Marathon des Sables in the Moroccan Sahara and a 2nd place at the 150 mile Coast to Kosci in Australia.
In January 2015 he finished his first winter race: the Arrowhead 135 towing a 40lb pulk sled across Northern Minnesota.
Grant enjoys mixing up race & adventure disciplines, whether it’s across a blazing desert, navigating a trail on a high mountain spine or fighting a blizzard on a frozen tundra.
100 mile PR- 14:53:04
Ironman 140.6 PR- 10:27:18
Marathon PR- 3:05:01
2014 Florida Ultrarunner of the Year
This is going to be one amazing time in Fort Lauderdale! Come join the fun and let us show you how to crank it up to the next level.
Lisa & Grant
Space Is Limted - Register Today!
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM (Link brings you to the JotForm website)
Then, click on the following button to pay fo the camp you wish to attend: