Entry Fee Information & Registration Forms
Dreamchasers accepts Marathon des Sables registration applications for full-time residents of the USA. (If you do not reside in the USA, please visit the official Marathon Des Sables website to find the representative for your country.)
The 2017 MDS will take place in Morocco from April 7-17, 2017
FOR THE 2017 MDS: The entry fee for the 2017 MDS for those livng in the USA will be paid in Euros, directly to the Head Office in Paris, via wire transfer. Again, this entry fee is set in Euros. The entry fee can be paid in full or broken down into separate installment payments, with a deposit to reserve a spot, the fist installment due in September (or late August) and the balance of the entry fee due in January. Please note, the entry fee does not include airfare (or pre-race hotel). Please page down to view the list of what is included in the entry fee. CLICK HERE to register for the event; click on the British flag at top right side of the page to bring up text in English.
We strongly recommend that every competitor Purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance in the event that you need to cancel your registration.
Spots in the Marathon des Sables are not officially "reserved" unless the required non-refundable pre-registratoin deposit is paid, via wire transfer, to the Head Office and certain information is provided via their on-line registration system.
Entry visas are not required for citizens of the USA.
2017 ENTRANTS - OFFICIAL REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
The official 2017 MDS Registration Documents are available via an online platform through the Head Office in France. You will be required to upload a clear/legible copy of your passport and 1 passport size photo to the Head Office in France. Following are further details for the 2017 event...
1/ The race will take place from April 7-17, 2017
2/ Applications will be accepted, via a link on www.MarathonDesSables.com, until spaces are filled. Please be sure to state that you heard about the event through our office.
3/ We believe the race will be capped at 1,100 competitors and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A waiting list will be kept if the 1,100 spots are filled.
4/ The 2017 entry fee is set at 2,950 Euros, which DOES NOT include airfare or pre-race hotel (if needed). Page down to see what is included in the entry fee. A deposit payment will be due withing 72 hours of registering, and must be paid by a wire transfer. Subsequent payments, which are typically due on September 30th and January 31st, must also be made by wire transfer.
5/ Every competitor should seriously consider purchasing a Trip Cancellation Insurance Policy. One should be offered to you when you work your way through the on-line registration process, (that particular policy is not mandatory, but we suggest that everyone purchase some policy, if not that one.)
6/ The 2017 MDS Race Regulations can be found HERE. For the safety of everyone, all participants are required to read, review and understand the official race Rules & Regulations (when available) prior to the start of the Marathon Des Sables. Be sure to review the penalty sections to know what to expect during the event.
MEDICAL FORM: - an official race Medical Form will need to be downloaded from your on-line registration account, completed by your doctor not more than 30 days prior to the start of the actual event, and then presented to the race medical staff during the race administrative check in Morocco. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THIS FORM TO OUR OFFICE OR TO THE HEAD OFFICE IN FRANCE.
Again, this Medical form must be completed and signed by your doctor not more than 30 days before the race (March 10, 2017). DO NOT send the Medical Form to Dreamchasers. You must have it in your possession during the administrative check-in at the race in Morocco.
Registration for 2017 is OPEN:
2017 Official Registration Link (click on the British flag for English text)
A downloadable version of the Rules and Regulations is available HERE. These are very important and have been provided for your information, training/race preparation, and compliance during the race. Please review and follow them. They have been put in place to ensure your safety, and that of the other participants. Failure to follow these rules can result in race penalties and/or disqualification, so please take them seriously.
MDS Registration Fee Includes:
- Bus Transfers to the Bivouac (campsite) to and from Ouarzazate
- General Ground Assistance during the race
- Bivouac (campsite with shared tent) for the duration of the event
- Two nights hotel (after the race) in Ouarzazate, Morocco
- Bottled water at the bivouac and for the duration of the race
- Repatriation insurance to France and Europe during the race
- Technical support (e-mail messages, daily results) during the race
- Medical Assistance, if required, for the duration of the event
- Emergency Air and Ground Support for the duration of the event
- Emergency Survival Kit (includes distress flare, glow stick, salt tablets)
- Finisher's Medal
- Finisher's T-shirt
- Official Finisher's Certificate (downloadable)
- Official Downloadable Race DVD
Team Registration Includes:
(a team is made up of three or more competitors)
- All of the above, plus:
- Listing of the name of the team in the official press pack
- Official team ranking each day and in the final standings
- Individual ranking for each team member
Registration:CLICK HERE for 2017 Registration.
Cancellations / Refunds
All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing, directly to the Head Office in France, with a copy sent to our office, by registered mail in order to avoid any misunderstanding. Refunds will be made on the following basis (dates are tentative at this time): NOTE: The following dates have not been confirmed and are estimates based on those used for past events.
- 200 Euros will be retained for processing entries in the event of cancellation before July 1, 2016.
- 10% of the FULL enrollment fee will be retained by the organization in the event of cancellation before September 30, 2016.
- 20% of the FULL race entry fee will be retained by the organization in the event of cancellation between September 30, 2016 and November 30, 2016.
- 30% of the FULL race entry fee will be retained by the organization in the event of cancellation between December 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
- Beyond January 31, 2017 midnight no request for reimbursement will be honored.
ONCE AGAIN, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ALL COMPETITORS PURCHASE TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE IN THE EVENT THAT YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION. EVERY YEAR, AT LEAST ONE PERSON WITHDRAWS WITHOUT PURCHASING A POLCY AND REGRETS THAT DECISION.
Hopefully you're not, but if you happen to be concerned about suffering an injury during one of our events, or any other around the globe, please check out the medical evacuation service provided by MedJet Assist. Unlike other evacuation services, Medjet Assist lets you decide which hospital will be your final destination. And there's no medical necessity clause. If you are hospitalized, MedJet Assist will be there to pick you up - regardless of the nature of the illness or injury.